The Great Fire of London
On 24 February, Year 2 met Oliver from Steps in Time and learned all about the Great Fire of London.
On 24 February, Year 2 met Oliver from Steps in Time and learned all about the Great Fire of London. The children watched enraptured as Oliver, taking on the guise of various characters, brought the story of the Great Fire to life.
Here are some quotes from the children
- "I liked it when Oliver changed into the different characters" - Tilly
- "I loved it when everyone got up and used the props" - Rosie
- "I loved being able to row the boat using wooden spoons" - Jack
- "I found it funny when the children wore costumes" - Harry
- "I enjoyed helping to put the fire out using the buckets" - Simon
- "I liked pretending to make the dough for the bread - it actually turned into real bread!" - Tamzin
- "I enjoyed being told the facts in a story - it was fun" – Erin