For more information about Reception 2021, see our 'Parents' tab.
Woodlands Primary School is a school for boys and girls from 4 – 11 years of age and is maintained by Kent County Council. We are a three form entry school with a published admission number (PAN) of 90. Should this number be exceeded, we will follow the Local Authority (LA) set criteria for admission when offering places.
The over-subscription criteria for all Community and Voluntary Controlled primary schools are:
- Children in Local Authority care or previously in Local Authority care.
- Attendance at a linked school.
- Current family association (sibling) - a brother or sister in the same school at the time of entry where the family continue to live at the same address as when the sibling was admitted – or – if they have moved – live within 2 miles of the school, or have moved to a property that is nearer to the school than the previous property. In this context brother or sister means children who live as brother and sister in the same house, including natural brothers or sisters, adopted siblings, stepbrothers or sisters, foster brothers or sisters.
- Health, social and special access Reasons - medical / health and special access reasons will be applied in accordance with the school’s legal obligations, in particular those under the Equality Act 2010. Priority will be given to children under this criterion whose health or physical impairment means they have a demonstrable and significant need to attend a particular school. Medical/Health and Special Access Reasons must be supported with written evidence from an appropriately qualified medical practitioner. The evidence must demonstrate a special connection between the child’s needs and the particular school.
- Nearness of children's homes to school - we use the distance between the child’s permanent home address and the school, measured in a straight line using Ordnance Survey address point data. Distances are measured from a defined point within the child’s home to a defined point within the school as specified by Ordnance Survey. The same address point on the school site is used for everybody. When we apply the distance criterion for an oversubscribed Community or Voluntary Controlled school, these straight line measurements are used to determine how close each applicant’s address is to the school.
The application process can be viewed on the Kent County Council website. http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/school-places/primary-school-places.
For in year admissions please complete an IYAF.